- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tin 380 gram sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sifted icing sugar, extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pink food colouring ( I put a small amount of red food colouring jell)
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan and lined with parchment paper.(mine is 9x13 inch, make one side)
- In a large bowl, add desiccated coconut, icing sugar, condensed milk and vanilla and using a wooden spoon, stir well combined.
- Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into a half and add a small amount of pink food colouring to one portion.
- Knead the food colouring, until it is evenly coloured,
- Press the white mixture over the base of the prepared pan, and smooth down the surface with your hand or spatula.
- Spread with the remaining pink mixture, press down and smooth the surface with your hand .
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 4 hours until firm.
- After it is set up, lift out the coconut ice, slice into squares with a sharp knife.
- In a cookie tin, lined parchment paper and placed coconut ice to serve.
- This coconut ice will keep stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.