Upside-Down Pear Apple Buttermilk Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups apple and pears peeled, cored, cut into 1/4 inch cubed.(282 gram)
- 1/6 cup (2 tbsp + 2 tsp) sugar
- 1/6 cup(2 tbsp + 2 tsp) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Greased and lined parchment in 9x3x2 inch baking pan.
- Toss apple and pear slices with lemon juice and lemon zest, set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, On low heat.
- Add brown sugar, stirring until smooth.
- Cook over law heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from the stove, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour half of caramel into prepared baking pan.
- Arrange apple and pear slices on top of sugar mixture, set aside.
- Cream the butter, gradually add brown sugar and granulated sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder baking soda and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture and beat on low speed, until blended.
- Beat in butter milk, then add remaining flour mixture, until all combined.
- pour batter over pear and apple topping, spread evenly.
- In a middle track of the oven, bake 40 minutes, until golden brown and tester comes out clean.
- Let it transfer the cooling track for 5 minutes.
- Invert a plate over cake tray and invert onto plate.
- Remove parchment paper.
- Spread remaining caramel over the cake.
- Cut into slices, serve warm or cool.