Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Butter cream.
I love chocolate cake! It's very sweet, very moist and it has a soft
crumb. I have enjoyed baking of this chocolate cake..Chocolate butter
filling and frosting. Sprinkled some crushed candy cane on top of the
I made this cake for a last Christmas time! Delicious!
- 1 and 3/4 cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cups Hershey's Coco powder
- 1 cup Butter milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour two 9 inch round baking pans, or 13"x9"x2" baking pan.
- Sift together flour,coco,sugar, baking powder, baking soda,salt and set aside.
- Using your stand mixture or hand mixture stir together all dry ingredient.
- Mixing in medium speed add butter milk,egg, oil and vanilla until it's smooth.
- Stop the mixture and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in the boiling water to the batter mixture, stir it until all combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30-30minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- In a cool rack cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pans to the wire rack to cool.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a cake stand so that the top will be perfectly flat.
- 2 cups Confections Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1Tbs Peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed Peppermint candy
- 1 cup Hershey's coco powder (sifted)
- For frosting, beat butter and vegetable shorting until soft.
- Place butter,and shortening in a bowl of an electric mixture Beat until soft.
- Gradually add sugar and coco Powder, beat until combine.
- Add peppermint extract. Gentle mix to combine.
- Spread frosting with spatula between layers and over top and sides cake.
- Spread peppermint candies on top and sides of cake.