Rose Swirl Cake.
This is a good recipe that is used to decorate cakes. This butter cake has a firm, moist texture.
I like to use is an optional vanilla, but you also add almond flavor orange, flavor.
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar ( 1cup=200gm)
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose Flour (1cup =210gm)
- 4 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder;
- Color - pink and Kelly green
- Preheated oven at 350 degree F for 10 minutes.
- 2.Prepare 10" round pan. Line the grease the pan sides. It helps the cake rise up the sides.
- Separate the eggs, and put the egg whites into stand mixture. Beat well until soft peak and stiff.
- Transfer the egg whites into medium bowl.
- In a stand mixture bowl, beat butter and sugar until soft and pale.
- Add egg yolks, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla beat for a while.
- Mix in flour with baking powder
- On low speed add flour mixture alternately with egg white, starting with the flour.
- Divided the batter 2 bowls, Add light color kelly green and pink color into each bowl. I use Wilton jell color.
- Pour into a grease pan first green then pink..
- Bake 350 degree F. for 30-40 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan. Loosen sides removed.
- Cool completely before decorating.
It was a vanilla butter cake with almond flavor butter cream and some sliced strawberries sliced, and blackberries.
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Tbs Almond flavor
- 2 cups of Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- In an electric mixture, beat butter and vegetable shortening.
- Add confectioner's sugar, one at a time.
- Mix the sugar at high speed in 2 minutes. And lower the speed, with each addition.
- Add the remaining sugar and almond flavor. Mix them well.
I had fun with one more Rose swirl cake, which was made yellow and blue color butter cream roses.