Swiss Roll with Raspberry Jam
After a very long time I like to make this cake. The very first time I tried this Swiss roll. The day before I bake is cake delicious and sweet for the dessert. It's made by rolling thin sponge cake spread with raspberry jam.
- 2 eggs
- 110 gram sugar
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 50 gram all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.(190 degree C).
- Grease a Swiss roll pan and line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixture the egg whites until frothy about 5 minutes.
- Add Sugar, beat until thick creamy.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold sugar mixture with water.
- Add egg yolk one at a time. Fold gently all combined.
- Combine sifted flour and baking powder.
- In a two separate bowls, add pink and Kelly green food color gel mixed about 2 table spoon of cake mixture.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag, pipe out a small dots with two colors pink and green.
- Bake 375 degree F for 2 minutes.
- Pour the remaining batter mix into Swiss tin over the dots.
- Bake 10-13 minutes until cake is bake.
- Place a clean tea towel on a work surface, cover the parchment paper, sprinkle some sugar.
- When the cake is cooked, transfer the cake from the oven, immediately turn onto the sugared parchment paper.The pattern is facing up. Peel off the parchment paper carefully, the dots are stick it.
- Gently roll up sponge in paper. Wrap in a tea towel.
- Place the rolling cake on a cooling wire track until cool for 5 minutes.
- Unroll sponge cake.
- Spread raspberry jam over the cake.
- Rolled the cake up from the one side to other side.
- Cut off the crusty edges.
- Cut into slices to serve.