Pear and Apple Crisp
Pear and Apple Crisp Bake this pear apple crisp recipe is easy and the perfect dessert. Simply baked this dish perfect for the tea time. The almond, hem seeds are best toasty and crunchy. I used 1/2 apples and 2 pears.
I made with fresh pears picked from our garden.
- 2 cups pears and apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/2 inch cubes.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp hem seed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almond
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 butter, melted
- Line a 9 1/2x6 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan and top of the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together sliced pear, apple, lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar and 2 tbsp flour, set aside .
- Place pear and apple mixture, into a 8 x 6 inch baking pan.
- Mix the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, hem seed, ground almond.
- Add butter into the flour mixture just until all combined.
- Mix with fork, crumble evenly over the pear and apple slices until clumps form.
- Bake 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until browned, crisp and bubbling.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, then remove the foil, bake another 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.