- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Butter soften(2 sticks Butter)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp each Vanilla and almond flavoring
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder. stir together, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, Mix butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Reduce mixture speed to low, add eggs one at a time and flour mix alternately.
- Stir in vanilla and almond flavoring.
- I Started with light color first, then increase the color darker.
- This cake batter about 4 cups of batter, so I bake 4x6" cake pans.
- I used sky blue gel food color, I added a little drop of blue color for the first pan, then increase the color light to dark..
- Pour the batter into 4 small pans, make sure divided the batter evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour on cooling rack.
- In the bowl of and electric mixture, cream butter and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar one cup at a time, beating well. Add vanilla.
- Beating well on medium speed, add milk until light and fluffy.
- Scrap side and bottom of bowl often.
Crumb coat with prepared frosting to all around the cake. Place the cake in to the fridge for an hour.
Once crumb coat firming up my prepared frosting divided by 4 colors, from lighter blue to darker. I decorated my cake by using a Wilton writing tip. Put the icing the piping bag with a writing tip, and pipe started the bottom of the cake to go past 4 lines horizontally, on darker color. Each line pipe a dot, then gently press with spatula on thecenter of the dot then drag a small act.Take other lightest color and pipe the next two lines, just above the darkest color. Then other lightest color and pipe the next one line. As well as same to do the top of the cake.